Sea kayaking adventure to Pakleni Islands
With our popular half-day kayak tour, you can both enjoy the beauty of the remarkable historic place Hvar and one of the gemstones of Croatia, Pakleni Islands.
Explore the variety of the Pakleni Islands, the string of islands in front of Hvar, where you will find many idyllic bays with pine trees providing cool shade. Pakleni Islands, distinguished by their beauty, secluded bays, and untouched nature, are certainly worthy of a visit.
During the tour you will visit one of the most beautiful beaches in Croatia, swim in the crystal blue Adriatic sea and explore vibrant underwater life while snorkeling. The length of the route is 3 – 5 nm with one beach stop. The tour will head southeast from Hvar, following the coast, until you reach a secluded beach. You will sea kayak outside of the Hvar channel encountering the open Adriatic sea and view over the horizon. After one hour of paddling, you will have a break on one of the Pakleni Islands astonishing beaches. While on the beach enjoy your time swimming, relaxing or grab mask, snorkel and explore on your own.
The tour begins from Krizna Luka beach which is 7 minutes by walking from the town center. Upon your arrival, our guide will prepare you sea kayaks (double or single). The guide will adjust the sea kayak steering system, according to your height, so you can be safe and comfortable in the kayak once you set off to the sea. Plus, you will get some waterproof bags to store your personal belongings. Once the equipment is set (PFD, dry bags, paddles), you will have a brief safety talk and introduction to basic sea kayaking techniques.
On this kayaking tour, you will be able to take photos, learn some interesting facts about Hvar and Pakleni Islands from your tour guide and also relax while floating in a kayak.
Price includes: sea kayak and paddle, life jacket, dry bag, spray skirt if needed, snorkeling equipment to use (mask + snorkel), guide and introduction in paddling techniques and safety.
- Minimum number of people: 1 person
- Maximum number of people: Upon request
- Meeting point: Krizna Luka beach (our sea kayaking base)
- Departure time: 10.00 AM
- Duration of the trip: 3 to 4 hours
- What to bring: sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt (Lycra if possible, if not then cotton), water shoes or quick-drying sports shoes, swimming equipment, bottled water, towel, and snacks
- Optional: Tips for the tour guide
- Equipment: You can choose single or double sit sea kayaks. We mainly use double sea kayaks for shorter trips because they are faster, more stable, spacious and easier to use for beginner paddlers. Let us know your preference.
- Activity level: Medium physical exercise
- Disabilities friendly: Please consult us for further details
- Kid friendly: Yes, but let us know in advance
- Distance: 3 – 5 nm (5.5 – 9 km)
- Note: If the weather conditions are inadequate, the route of the trip might change.