Experience the Adriatic sea at it’s finest hours
The best time for paddling on the open sea is the late afternoon, a few hours before the sunset.
The moment went you drift away from the land, and slowly paddle into the blue sky and the crystal clear water, where you can’t see the limit, a magical moment happens. The peacefulness and bliss fulfill you. You feel like one with nature and become completely oblivious of what you left behind. As the sun slowly heads west, the sky explodes with different shades of red, blue and orange giving you a moment you want to capture and remember your whole life. The sea becomes glassy and still, surrounding the Pakleni Islands that stand proudly.
With kayaking, you will experience the majestic Adriatic sea and at the same time discover the surroundings of Croatian sunniest island Hvar. This experience is a small example of lifestyle in Dalmatia.
Sunset Tour is leisurely sea kayaking near the southeast Hvar’s shore. The length of the route is 3 nm. Once you are set off to the sea, it would take about half an hour to cross the Hvar channel and to reach Pakleni islands. After one hour of paddling, you will have a break on one of the Pakleni Islands astonishing beaches. When on the beach enjoy your time swimming, relaxing or grab mask, snorkel and explore on your own. On the way back to Hvar you will circle a small island Pokonji dol, where you can overlook spectacular view towards the western horizon. On this kayaking tour, you will be able to take photos, learn some interesting facts about Hvar and Pakleni Islands from your tour guide and also relax while floating in a kayak.
The tour begins from Krizna Luka beach which is 7 minutes by walking from the town center. Upon your arrival, our guide will prepare you sea kayaks (double or single). The guide will adjust the sea kayak steering system, according to your height, so you can be safe and comfortable in the kayak once you set off to the sea. Plus, you will get some waterproof bags to store your personal belongings. Once the equipment is set (PFD, dry bags, paddles), you will have a brief safety talk and introduction to basic sea kayaking techniques.
Price includes: sea kayak and paddle, life jacket, dry bag, spray skirt if needed, snorkeling equipment (mask + snorkel), guide and introduction in paddling techniques and safety.
- Minimum number of people: 1 person
- Maximum number of people: Upon request
- Meeting point: Krizna Luka beach (our sea kayaking base)
- Departure time: 5.00 PM
- Duration of the trip: 3.5 hours
- What to bring: sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, long sleeve shirt (Lycra if possible, if not then cotton), water shoes or quick-drying sports shoes, swimming equipment, bottled water, towel, and snacks
- Optional: Tips for the tour guide
- Equipment: You can choose single or double sit sea kayaks. We mainly use double sea kayaks for shorter trips because they are faster, more stable, spacious and easier to use for beginner paddlers. Let us know your preference.
- Activity level: Medium physical exercise
- Disabilities friendly: Please consult us for further details
- Kid friendly: Yes, but let us know in advance
- Distance: 3 nm (5,5 km)
- Note: If the weather conditions are inadequate, the route of the trip might change.